- Do what you are passionate about. You will stink at everything else.
- Match your passion with a job description, and then pick your major in response to that match.
- Remember that college is your pre-paid R&D for life. Don't waste it at parties you don't even remember.
- College is about the only time a grown man is still considered 'cute and adorable' -- take advantage of how weak kneed every successful adult is around you by asking for something meaningful -- like a business internship at their company for the summer.
- Have more questions than answers. God gave you two ears and one mouth for a reason. Listen more than you talk. You can be smarty pants later.
Parts of my 'advise' to college students can be found in my friend Lauren Young's article containing counsel from me and other leaders here at Reuters.
Operation HOPE offers its own custom curriculum and financial literacy programming for college students, called Banking on Our Future, College Edition. This program is currently offered at more than 30 HBCUs and other college campuses across the country.