This is taken from the Project 5117 site directly, but in short, Operation HOPE is intending to stand up the largest collection of leaders -- from local schools and churches and clubs, to national organizations -- to CGI America (Clinton Global Initiatives America) focused on revitalizing America, and making America a better place.
LOS ANGELES – November 12, 2013 – Operation HOPE is excited to announce a new phase in its Clinton Global Initiative (CGI) Commitment to Action, continuing a shared mission of expanding access and opportunities to underserved communities. This commitment, Project 5117, is a multi-year project that will help turn underserved communities into emerging markets, will track and increase business role models for youth, boost credit scores for adults, and empower underserved communities.
By June 2014, Operation HOPE commits to:
- Secure pledges from 7 school districts across the U.S. to roll out the Gallup HOPE Index to their students and participate in Project 5117.
- Engage 100 schools to become HOPE Business in a Box Academies, working towards the Project 5117 goal of reaching five million kids with financial literacy and HBIAB entrepreneurship programs.
- Recruit and train 5,000 HBIAB business role models.
- Recruit, train and deploy 1,000 financial inclusion volunteers.
- Gain commitments for 25 new HOPE Inside locations.
- Partner with 25 community based organizations that can implement and further the work of HOPE's 700 Credit Score community program.
“Operation HOPE has been a proud member of CGI since 2005,” said John Hope Bryant, founder and CEO of Operation HOPE. “We are eager to work with an organization that shares our vision for improving the lives of others, as well as our motivation to identify tangible plans of action.”
To learn more about this exciting new endeavor and how you can participate, please visit: http://www.operationhope.org/hopecgi